My Flower Garden

Poetry from the pen of WebDeb.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Salvation

Save me, she cried
I am sinking into
The clutches of despondency and despair
Racked with pain and
Hopelessness
My soul lingers there.

She cried to her friends
But no answer was found
For the despondent despair
That plunged her soul down.
Their answer to her was
We are going to town.

She cried to her lover
But he did not hear
The pain in her soul,
He could only hover
And say to his wife
Cheer up, my dear.

She cried to her Savior
Then He reached way down
To pull her soul up
From the pit
Where He found
Her lonely soul lingering.

And after her Savior had pulled her soul up
She found that He had
Taken the cup
Of all her despondency and despair
And drank it all down
He left nothing there.

There was nothing for her
But righteousness now
Not hers, but His
She doesn’t know how
But He cleansed her and
Saved her and taught her to pray.

Now her soul looks upward
But not from the pit
She looks toward His coming
She’s not scared of it
She walks with Him homeward
More closely each day.

And all she desires is to walk in His way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me and heard my cry. 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home