My Flower Garden

Poetry from the pen of WebDeb.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Opportunity Lost

My friend died last Sunday. She was found on the floor,
Still in her nightgown in front of the door.
The news saddened me, I cried when I heard
And the lump in my throat quickly silenced my words.
All I kept thinking was of things left undone,
Opportunity Lost for showing once more
How much she was loved because of God's Son.
The last time I saw her, my words were not kind
Now remorse swells within and no comfort I find.
Her life is now gone, we will see her no more
Until, we too, leave this earth for Heaven's bright shore.

In memory of Diane Berkey who departed this life on October 10, 2004 at age 71.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home